The Provincial Food Distribution Centre (PFDC) serves all the Community Nutritional Development Centres (CNDC) in the Western Cape. There are currently 19 CNDCs in Western Cape and all of them serving communities where there are high levels of unemployment and poverty. The centers act as a buffer zone for these communities where people can get a daily nutritional meal that have been made by the people from that area.
Ilitha Labantu not only has a CNDC but it is the implementing agent for the Western Cape and Runs the PFDC.
Duties of the PFDC include:
- Distribution of Fresh Produce to CNDCs
- Distribution of Dry Goods to CNDCs
- Overseeing operations of CNDCs
- Paying Stipends to all cooks from all CNDCS
- Working with local stakeholders in skills development programs
- Assisting CNDCs with various interventions strategies for their communities
- Providing guidance and leadership in the fight against inequality
- Working closely with beneficiaries to remove them from cycle of poverty.