The organization is comprised of a Board of Trustees and an Executive Director supported by an administrative and counselling staff.
The Board of Trustees:
The Board consists of 10 members of the community who are active at a grass-roots level and well versed in the socio-political context from which Ilitha Labantu emerged. Specifically, it consists of Teachers, Doctors, Lawyers and Religious leaders from the community.
The Board is a decision-making body. Trustee meetings are held four times a year. Their specific role includes the following:
- To guide the overall direction and development of the organization.
- To institute or defend legal proceedings by or against Ilitha Labantu on behalf or against individual members
- To ensure that the organization functions in the manner set out on its aims and objectives.
- To monitor the financial management of the organization.
- To direct the staff of Ilitha Labantu