The overall aim of Ilitha Labantu is to provide educational programs and services that support and empower women and children in the black community and in rural areas. The long-term objective is to assist women to become more self-reliant and to eliminate violence against women and children. Within this framework, Ilitha Labantu has the following short and long – term objectives:
- To provide immediate access to support and education services around violence against women and children.
- To provide counseling to survivors of violence.
- To run training programs that empower women to participate in individual and community development.
- To impart both practical and theoretical skills through training courses including:
- Communication and leadership skills that assist trainees to participate fully in their development fields.
- Work and training materials that enable trainees to become trainers running courses and workshops themselves.
- Create a community with an open and supportive atmosphere for dialogue around violence gains women and children.
- To raise public awareness and share information and knowledge within the community